Replicating Exterior Corbels
These corbels were on a historic building and in need of either repair or reproduction.
Because of the degradation over time, new ones had to be made. This is how we did it:
- We 3d scanned the corbel.
- We did some 3D modeling to correct the scan and make it perfect.
- We sent the 3D model to our CNC router software to create a cut file.
- We had to build a wedge or block for the corbels because they were slanted.
- We used our CNC router to cut out the corbels.
- We lightly sanded the edges from the rough cutting.